Golf Course Superintendent
The Fox Valley Club
CBIGG Management, LLC.
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Golf Course Superintendent is responsible for all golf course maintenance operations. The Superintendent is accountable for employee safety, environmental stewardship, financial management, equipment maintenance and all agronomic practices on the golf course.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Plans, organizes and directs the maintenance of putting greens, tees, fairways roughs, and water features.
• Supervises the planting and cultural practices involved in growing turf grasses, trees and ornamental plants.
• Supervises the operation, repair and record keeping for all maintenance equipment. May also be asked to oversee the golf cart repair and maintenance.
• Keep accurate records of annual maintenance activities and costs.
• Prepare annual maintenance budget and agronomic plan that includes capital expense and equipment request.
• Implements sound purchasing procedures using preferred vendors when possible.
• Manages an aggressive water usage tracking plan and irrigation systems and provides monthly reporting on retaining ponds, wells and other water source usage.
• Provides timely coding of invoices and other required documents.
• Recruits, supervises and retains maintenance staff. Conducts employee performance evaluations and exercises disciplinary action.
• Implements and carry out all policies, government regulations, acquire proper licenses, and handle environmental issues.
• Provides technical, operational and safety training for employees to ensure that staff is working within OSHA, club safety, state and federal guidelines for safe working conditions.
• Maintain a team atmosphere in within the maintenance department and with all other departments.
• Oversees subordinates in proper and safe operation and maintenance of mechanical and power equipment.
• Operates equipment and machinery.
• Supervises and participates in the application and recording of chemical applications (fertilizers and pesticides) on the Club's grounds in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
• Hold regularly scheduled staff meetings.
• Supervises and controls all maintenance expenses associated with Golf Course Operations, including payroll, supplies, chemicals and fertilizers.
• Hold monthly safety meetings and document agenda and attendees.
• Attend staff meetings
• Maintains records and completes required reporting. Order parts, supplies and equipment as needed.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems in accordance with fair labor standards, safety and policy.
• Maintains a clean and organized and safe maintenance facility.
• Schedules maintenance practices around member play and outings to maximize efficiency and minimize disruption to members.
• Assures compliance with local, state, and federal law.
• Coordinates snow removal and winter maintenance activities when necessary.
• Assures proper handling and storage of all chemicals and fertilizers per label and law
• Must demonstrate a positive attitude at all times
• Maintains SDS log
• Must provide outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers
• Participates in weekly golf course tour with the General Manager
• Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid injury to self and others.
• Report all cases of injury, theft or loss immediately to the General Manager
• Follow guidelines and company practices set forth by the VP of Agronomy
• Must adapt to extremes of temperature and inclement weather from outdoor working environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 2-year Degree or Certificate in Turf Management (or related field, like agronomy, horticulture, plant science, soil science) preferred
• 3-5 years experience as a Golf Superintendent or 1st Assistant
• Prefer Certification by the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America
• Pesticide Application License
• Directly To: General Manager and VP of Agronomy
• All Inquiries should be sent to Reid Scholes at firstname.lastname@example.org