River Oaks Golf Club of Grand Island
201 Whitehaven Rd.
Grand Island, NY 14072
Head Mechanic Position
The Head Mechanic reports directly to the golf course superintendent and oversees a comprehensive preventive maintenance program. They will be responsible for ordering all parts for equipment and any on course parts that the superintendent may need.
• Must inspect all and repair all defects or failures found in any and all pieces of equipment.
• Maintains a detailed maintenance program that the superintendent will approve.
• Maintains their own working budget that the superintendent will approve.
• Keeps records of all equipment and daily task preformed.
• Training employees on how the proper washing and checking of equipment that they approve of to their standard.
• Knowledge of heavy and light duty equipment including mowers, tractors, auto, and power equipment.
• Working knowledge of hazard and safety precautions of the profession.
• Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions while repairing.
• Ability to diagnose any and all mechanical troubles and determine how to resolve.
• Must know the game of golf and how its played to ensure proper on course professionalism.
• Must have extensive knowledge on how to adjust reel to bedknive units.
• Must have extensive knowledge on how to spin grind reels.
• At least 1 year of golf course experience as a mechanic or assistant mechanic and have the ability to work a full day.
• Valid NYS drivers license.
• $18-$25 per hour based on experience.
• Health insurance available
• Full time position
Rick Johnson-Golf Course Superintendent