A beautiful and well-established golf course in the Central New York area (Northern Pines of Cicero, LLC) is looking to fill the position of Golf Course Superintendent immediately! This is a new and exciting opportunity for a qualified candidate looking to put his or her skills to the test!
1. Maintains all grounds including the golf course and other maintainable property.
2. Supervises and schedules all planting, fertilizing and chemical applications, and other care of turf, plants, shrubs and trees on the golf course and surrounding areas.
3. Follows company standards for the healthy growth of the golf course grasses, trees, and other applicable plant materials.
4. Supervises mowing and maintenance of the golf course.
5. Hires, supervises and develops Assistant Superintendent, and other employees in the maintenance department.
6. Informs guests about present and future maintenance activities.
7. Coordinates scheduling of all personnel assigned to the department.
8. Communicates frequently with the General Manager to discuss activities, goals, plans, and member/customer feedback.
9. Prepares and manages annual budget plan for the golf course maintenance operation on an annual basis.
10. Maintains inventory and oversees all repairs and scheduled maintenance of all golf course maintenance equipment.
11. Implements and enforces comprehensive safety program for employees of the maintenance department.
12. Supervises maintenance and operation of drainage, irrigation and other mechanical watering systems.
13. Develops chemical and fertilizing plan on an annual basis.
14. Ensures that the golf course is providing healthy and high quality playing conditions for guests of the property.
15. Prepares and maintains all record keeping for maintenance department.
16. Ensures invoices are submitted to Accounting in a timely manner.
17. Engages guests in a pleasant and respectful manner.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
· Pesticide Applicators License required.
· 3-5 years in Golf Course Maintenance Management.
· Advanced knowledge of regulatory requirements and record keeping as required by local, state, and federal laws.
· Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with members, vendors, and guests.
· Must have basic computer skills, Word and Excel.
· Must have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
· Must be highly organized and efficient with a high attention to detail.
· Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Must have a strong business aptitude and passion for the golf business.
Salary around $50,000 depending on experience.
Edward W. LaMott III
SHRM-CP & Payroll Specialist
6376 Thompson Road
Syracuse, NY 13206
(315) 432-8202 fax