Kless Myers Golf Management, with golf facilities in Marcellus, NY and Auburn, NY, is looking to fill the position of Assistant Superintendent for the 2023 season and beyond. This is a great opportunity for a qualified candidate to join the best management team for course improvement and stability in the CNY golf market! All levels of experience will be considered and we are willing to train the right person for a career in golf course maintenance.
1. Maintains all grounds including the golf course and clubhouse.
2. Assist in performing all fertilizing and chemical applications or trains to be able to assist.
3. Supervises mowing and maintenance of the golf course.
4. Informs management about present and future maintenance activities.
5. Coordinates scheduling of all mowing personnel assigned.
6. Personnel and staff training
7. Leading small projects and teams of seasonal staff
8. Assists with repairs and scheduled maintenance of all golf course maintenance equipment.
9. Enforces a comprehensive safety program for employees of the maintenance department.
10. Assists with maintenance and operation of drainage, irrigation and other mechanical watering systems.
11. Ensures high quality playing conditions for guests and members.
12. Engages guests in a pleasant and respectful manner.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
· Pesticide Applicators License or interest/ability to acquire asap.
· 2 or more years in Golf Course Maintenance Management preferred but willing to train.
· Familiarity with regulatory requirements and record keeping as required by local, state, and federal laws.
· Team player willing to work with members, vendors, and guests.
· Must have solid communication and interpersonal skills.
· Must be organized and efficient with careful attention to detail.
· Must be responsible, accountable, dependable and willing to work hard to achieve individual and company goals
· Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary range $35,000 - $41,000 seasonally March – November
Benefits include: Family membership privileges for all facilities
Meals on Duty
Continuing Education contribution
Applicator’s License fees and GCSA of NY dues paid
Length of Season: appx March 1 – Nov. 30
Hourly off-season work possible